Monday, April 1, 2013

Holy Week (the grand finale)....

Easter did not disappoint!  We've had a wonderful weekend minus the fact that I have ZERO voice! I had to laugh when I woke up this morning and it was raining....I think God has a great sense of humor...I mean I did say last week that I like going to church in the rain!  The sun did peep through the clouds this afternoon just in time for a little egg hunt! Here's a little recap of the weekend:  Friday, I went to pick up Katie baby and on the way home,  we stopped by the mall to let her pick out an Easter dress!  According to Katie...no outfit is complete without a necklace and frilly socks :-)  I love the fact that she is such a girly girl!  Saturday morning we went to an egg hunt/ children's carnival at Croasdaile Country Club with my in-laws...the kids had a blast!  Will saw the Easter bunny and ran right to him!  I couldn't believe that Katie was scared...this is the same child who is wide open 24-7 and has NO fear!  She finally warmed up to him so I could get a pic of all the kiddos together!  There was a bouncy house, face painting and carnival type games....and of course the big egg hunt!  Madi had the right idea...she decided to skip the egg hunt and get her face painted when there was NO line! One funny thing that Katie said...she was in line to get her face painted and then when it was her turn, she told the lady she thought she was a little too young for that! HA!! I think she was ready for the big egg hunt! Will and Katie were on the run to get as many eggs as possible and I think they both succeeded!  After the fun activities we enjoyed a yummy lunch and then went home for a rest...we were ALL tired! That afternoon, we dyed some eggs and made Resurrection rolls ( or as Madi called them one time "rejection" rolls!)  Trust me if you make these...you will have some rejects in the batch...they still taste good!  Madi and I have been making these for the past couple of years and they are super fun!  click here to see what I'm talking about!  We did ours a little bit different, but atleast you get the idea... we used crescent rolls.  We had a low key evening and just had fun hanging out! Sunday morning, the EB came and the kids were excited!  The EB was a smart cookie this year and placed some donuts in the baskets for the kids to enjoy for breakfast while mama finished up the last few preparations in the kitchen for Sunday lunch :-)  While I was in the shower, Greg gave the little's a bath and got them ready for church...what a good hubby I have, I am SOOO thankful that he's such a "hands on" dad! We actually made it to Sunday school and we were only 10 minutes late :-)  The service was wonderful and we came home and enjoyed lunch with family and friends!  I actually took a nap this afternoon and I NEVER do this...it felt SO good!  I guess that's why I'm still up at 11pm and I feel like it's 8pm!  Even though Easter is soon to be over, I feel like I should have this "excitement" all year long.  I should be excited about everything I'm doing because "it should" be for the Lord's purpose.  I pray that we would serve HIM with "Easter excitement" all year long! Enjoy the picture overload! Happy Easter! Hugs-Kyla



































No comments:

Post a Comment