Thursday, April 25, 2013

Trust ( why do I need a darn title?)

As I walked outside this morning, so many thoughts racing through my head, the crisp breeze made the hairs stand up on my arms. What happened to the warm weather? About that time, the sun came peaking out of the clouds with a vengeance as to say " Good Morning", sorry I'm late! I love mornings..especially when I can be outside.  It's peaceful and the birds are always singing!  It's a good time to reflect and start thinking about what lies ahead for the day.  This is when sometimes I get side tracked and worry and chaos start to over-take my happy thoughts.  I sometimes have to stop myself and say " OK GOD, why am I putting you in a box"?  Why do I under-estimate HIS power?  Anybody ever feel like this?  I mean, I know that God has it all figured out...so why do I waste time worrying about things that I have no control over?  I was venting to a friend this week who reminded me of something important. God gives us what we need for just TODAY and today only. If he gave us what we needed for tomorrow or next week or even next year, would we come back to him tomorrow??  He wants us to seek him for all things, everyday.  It's easy to get caught up in the "what ifs". We must rely on his word and know that HE is faithful and will see us through ALL circumstances. What a relief it is to know that God has it all planned out for us...we just have to TRUST HIM! That's when my type A starts to creep out and I have to get that in check!! When that happens I usually open up my devotion book and bible. I LOVE the devotion I am doing right now "Jesus Calling"...best Christmas gift thanks to Aunt Twy!  Mom gave Madi the kids version for Easter and it's equally good! I highly recommend.  Here are a few verses that have kept me going here lately:  OF course our header is one of my fav's Proverbs 3:5-6 and Philippians 4:6-7 is another favorite: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
I LOVE the part that says " which transcends all understanding"...yep, we don't get it sometimes, but guess what: GOD does get it.  If we "GOT IT" all the time would we seek him everyday??  Here's to a day filled with HIS presence and GRACE and MERCY.....and praise the LORD....FORGIVENESS...I need that one alot!!  Blessings to you and yours-Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment