Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Whew....

What a weekend!  I'm still trying to "catch up"!  We had dress rehearsal for the recital on Friday night and the recital was Saturday.  Everything went great and Madi did wonderful! Don't get me wrong, it's great, but it's a lot of work.  The hair, the make-up, the accessories....making sure you have everything that goes with each costume.  Then all the stuff you are supposed to take in case you have a problem...scissors, safety pins, extra tights, hairspray...clean snacks, water,etc..  The list goes on and on...I thought I was packing for a weekend trip! Some of those mama's are SERIOUS!!  It's quite comical to me!  All was well and I'm glad it's over!  Dance doesn't start back till August so we get a break!  Now I'm just counting down the days till school gets out!  I need to stop wishing my life away! Our family seems less stressed in the summer...we're all carefree and having fun! Will got to see Maria, she graciously agreed to come over and keep him while we were at the recital.  He would have torn the stage apart and stole the show...all in under 15 minutes :-)  He was thrilled to see his ReRe!! Sunday, we were EXHAUSTED.  Greg's uncle Vance was here from Connecticut for a class reunion and the only time we could manage to get together was Sunday morning.  He came over and had breakfast, we were happy to see him!  We missed seeing Aunt Doris, but hopefully we'll get to see her soon :-)  OK now for the good part...the pictures!  Oh one funny thing I wanted to share that happened this morning.  Every morning when we come down stairs Will is like " I take Madi school"...meaning he's ready to get in the car and ride to take Madi to school. This morning he kept saying it over and over and we were like "Will, we need to eat breakfast first"!  When we finally get ready to go, I am putting him in the car seat and he looks at me and says "I drive"!!  Yeah right!!  He's only 2 1/2 and he wants to drive us to school!  His sister pipes in and says " Will, if your driving then I'm walking"!!  I said "Son, you're not driving.....maybe in about 14 more years!!

 This was taken at dress rehersal on Friday night...me and my sweet girl...she's growing up too fast!
                                          Madi was so nervous for her first number that right before she went on stage she told me she felt like she had to throw up!  That child is a chip off the old block!  Anytime I get nervous, I puke!  I told her to pull herself together that she did not have time to throw up to get on stage!  When then curtain opened, she look white as a ghost!  The second number she was WAY more relaxed and she looked like she was having a good time!


 I love this picture below...they were getting ready to go on stage..this number was from the movie "Holes"??? never saw that one but anyways, they were to look big and bad!!  This was the "tap" dance, it was really cute! I told her we could recycle this costume and she could be a Butner Prison inmate for Halloween!


                                                   Uncle Vance and Greg!

                                               
 Oh Yeah....forgot to mention that we are planting a garden this year and we have no clue what we are doing :-)


 Well,  I'lI leave you with this last picture!  Will likes to help me do laundry.  I thought " Hey, never to young to teach em"...yeah, that back fired on me!  I always get panicked when it gets really quiet and I don't see Will for a few seconds and this is why...HE'S ALWAYS UP TO NO GOOD AND HE'S FAST!!!  Atleast I caught him before he emptied the whole box of detergent!  It did smell good after I ( actually Greg) vaccumed up Will's mess! Oh we should have named him "Leroy"  as in " Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown...." ok, I won't sing!  Never a dull moment! Keeping it real-Kyla

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, he still makes me look like the runt of the litter. Madi and Will are going to be tall, too. It was a hearty breakfast. Sweet kids.
    Love
    Uncle Vance

    ReplyDelete