Monday, April 15, 2013

Stories of a REAL Butner housewife

Oh my...I feel like I have a big BS stamped on my head ( that stands for BLOG SLACKER!)  These people who post almost everyday...WOW...kudos to you!  You must stay up in to the wee hours of the night or either you don't have kids running around, laundry piled high, dishes in the sink...you get my point!  So....my weekend started off like this.  I needed to take a shower Friday afternoon b/c we were going to a pancake dinner that night.  I had failed to take a shower all day long while the nurse was here (and I'm not sure I had taken one the day before that either..errr) Usually Madi helps to watch Will, but she was at the neighbor's house :-)  Will came upstairs and I thought I could bribe him with TV long enough for me to take a shower (wishful thinking)....he's WAY more interested in water.  I get in the shower and not 2 seconds later, Will rips the curtain half back and is playing in the stream of water....never mind the cold draft I am feeling. Because his arms are angled towards the sky...water is running down his arms and onto his clothes!  He is proud of himself; smiling from ear to ear.  He doesn't care that mommy is freezing, nor does he acknowledge that I am even in the shower! It feels so good to him that he sticks his head under the stream of water!  At this point I should have just stripped him down and put him in the shower, but no that would have made too much sense.  I was so cold, I couldn't think straight and I was focused on getting OUT and wrapping up in my nice warm towel....OH CRAP...my towel!  I was in such a hurry that I left my towel laying on my bed!  I get down and look him straight in the eye and plea for him to go and get the blue towel off mommy's bed!  He smiles and runs in that direction....yet, I watch him pass by my blue towel?  I'm waiting...thinking....ummm, should I jump out and go run and see where he his or just wait....I mean surely he can't open the linen closet door....just then he comes back in with something that resembles a towel!!  That's my smart boy, I'm thinking! The only drawer he can get into in his room is the one with blankets and changing pad covers.  Will hands me a "blue" terry cloth changing pad cover!  I thanked him and let him wipe off his face with it.  I then try to quickly dry my body off, but instead wrap my hair up in the changing pad cover!  This thing worked pretty well...like a hair wrap....Will might be on to something! I somehow managed to get ready and we made it to pancake dinner!  Nothing too exciting happened there...which I'm totally cool with....I don't need anymore syrup to clean up :-) Oh course we needed a few items from Walmart....that was our next stop!  Will has a fit for me to strap him in the cart lately.  I put him in ( kicking and screaming) and roam the garden department in hopes that his wails can only be heard in Raleigh and NOT all over NC.  I was hoping that looking at the pretty flowers would distract him...didn't work.  The octave came down a few notches and I felt like we were safe to enter ( without breaking glass) only for him to "tune up" again.  We raced around like nuts to get the few things we needed and Of course we go to check out and there are like 2 lines open!! I get in what appears to be the shortest line and wait till I finally see someone opening up next to me.  I cut thorough an isle and turn that cart faster than lightning only to almost ram into a man coming full force with his cart.  I gave him my best stare down and kept moving faster( bent forward, legs shoulder with apart in full stride)...at the last second he says " mam, please go ahead"  Whew....thank you sir.  I thought about explaining to him that my toddler had been screaming and I had a cold shower earlier and I only had carbs for dinner and I couldn't be in walmart 5 minutes longer....I stopped myself!  I smiled and just said thank you!...wouldn't you know, Will was good as gold in the checkout line and stopped crying :-)  In fact he and the gentleman I almost ran over carried on a full conversation,  Will even offered him some cheezits from our cart.  I think he was trying to give the man a peace offering for his mother's actions.  Oh what a night.  We all slept good.  We woke up refreshed and headed out to breakfast at one of my fav places 'Elmo's" and then went to the farmer's market in Durham!  We all had a blast and I have no pictures b/c I left my camera at home :-) The weather was gorgeous again...minus the THICK fog of pollen that is now covering EVERYTHING!  Other than that, it was a low key weekend with the usual stuff..church, rest, play....tackle the MOUND of laundry. You know it's time to do laundry when Madi says "mom, we need to get caught up on laundry"!  There was the yard work, Popsicle's, mud, frogs and cleaning up toys...re-washing of dishes b/c Will likes to help un load the dishwasher and throw stuff on the floor....HA!  I wouldn't trade this life for anything in the world b/c I LOVE my family!  This stage that Will is going through is going to fly by and while I might be a NUT right now...with any luck I'll snap out of it...just in time to be a grandma and then I can be a NUT all over again!  One of my favorite pictures of Madi is her sitting on the toilet ( she was probably 2) and she had un-rolled what looked like an entire roll of TP...this was all gathered under her feet and she was happily eating M&M's!  Life doesn't get much better than that!  If you can't laugh...then you're missing out!  Hope you all have a wonderful week.  We'll be back soon to report about Madi's dance recital!  Happy Monday-Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment