Sunday, April 7, 2013

a whole lot-a-nuttin...

This weekend has been filled with a lot of much needed R&R. Something is always going on around here, so it was a nice break from the usual hustle and bustle.  Madi's had a fever and sore throat since Thursday....poor kid has felt yucky!  I felt especially bad for her since she was on spring break.....guess it was a good thing we stayed home this year :-) I can't remember the last time I stayed home all day on a saturday!  Greg took Will to a birthday party Saturday morning while Madi and I hung out here....I got SO much accomplised with out a 2yr old and hubby in the house!  The weather was gorgeous and it was refreshing to open the windows and clean! Nothing like crawling into a bed with soft clean sheets!  I did take Madi to the doctor on Friday b/c we were certain she had another ear infection and she DIDN'T!  Our doctor said it's all viral and the same mess all the other 90% of patients are coming in with! The fever has lingered, but she's staring to feel better. Will has been Will....wide open!!  Here's the rest through pics!
MOM.....DO NOT TAKE MY PIC!

Will likes to torment Madi and mess with her baby dolls!
We worked on some of Madi's school work and this is what my table looked like when I went to take a picture!  A little before and after!  My sweet mama bought these cute placemats, plates, and cloth napkins all for under $20...we LOVE some "design on a dime"!  I had the vase and couldn't believe how well it matched...I was getting ready to place that thing in the give away pile! I threw in a candle and wa-la..instant center piece!

Come on, we're raising some talented children around here...we can hula hoop standing up or laying down! Hey...don't laugh, we can use a headband as a crown too!  He thinks he's king of the house!

Oops..Bateman caught me taking pictures!





Even Buddy relaxed!


I'm not sure why, but it's really funny to a 2 yr old to let the scooter go flying down the driveway and crash in to the garage?

Just thinking and eating a popsicle!

Hey....I caught a bug on my finger and I can hold my popsicle up-side down and let it drip everywhere!

We teach SHARING around here!



And getting DIRTY/HAVING FUN!!  Oh and yes, your eyes are not playing tricks on you...Will is walking around outside in his socks.  I realized that he didn't have shoes on after he was in the grass, I mean what was the point in going back in then...they were already dirty!  Thank goodness for bleach!

We also teach CIRCUS acts...Will balancing himself while watching TV!

What would be a weekend without baking something!  They started out as plain rice krispy treats that turned into purple ones topped with chocolate and sprinkles :-)

Oh yeah, Greg and I had a date night saturday night!  Well kinda...we visited a man in our church that's in the hospital.  My mom kept the kids and she was like...go get you some coffee when your done.  Greg and I decided to make it before we left home and take it with us!  We're so romantic!  We took this pic in the parking garage at Duke before we got out of the car!
                                     
                                               This is So US...the coffee!! Not black and white silly!...Greg is simple, I'm      well...not always simple! So different...yet so much alike! I love my husband! Don't feel sorry for us...we get a date night Tuesday...awards banquet at Greg's work!  Honestly...we just love being home with our kids!

A few pictures from the birthday party!


That about sums it up!  Hope you all have a wonderful week! Hugs-Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment