Sunday, May 26, 2013

M.I.A...AGAIN!!

Well...the lack of blogging is NOT due to lack of blog worthy material! Busy having fun!  Last week was jammed packed as we wrapped up the school year for Madi!  Woohoo, we have a 5th grader on our hands!!  2 field trips, awards day and a birthday party all shoved into 1 week....let alone we were getting ready for our beach trip!  All the mean while we had our normal day in day out activities going on...oh and I failed to mention that Will had pink eye!  Trying to hold down a toddler to place eye drops is like trying to catch a greased pig! I took the day off Friday and went to awards day with Madi and then headed to the mall.  I desperately needed a bathing suit and a couple pair of shorts.  I seriously could write a post on that trip alone, but I'll just touch on the highlights! As most of you know, I had gastric bypass about a year and a half ago and one might think that shopping would be easier.....that is NOT the case!  I always thought that I would be able to walk into any store I wanted and purchase any article of clothing....NOPE.  For one, I'm not as young as I used to be!  And while I'm still in my thirties ( that hurts a little bit to say!) I've had two kids and THINGS just ain't the same!I While out on Friday, I went in this one store that looks SO cute!  I've passed by many times and it's just not big enough to push a big honking stroller in with a kicking and screaming kid yelling NO,NO,NO.  So I was by myself and ventured in!  The clothes look REALLY cute on the rack, it's when you enter the dressing room that things begin to CHANGE.  I think(I know) these materials were made for young girls who have NOT pushed out watermelons or had their insides turned upside down. It goes from one extreme to the next...like from tent to spandex or vice versa. I totally don't get this whole spandex or elastic band around all these dresses.  I tried on what appeared to be a cute dress but when I pulled it down to where it wouldn't show my rear, I felt like my whole top half was hanging out.  i seriously contemplated asking the YOUNG sales associate if it was missing a snap or button....at that point, I realized that I had become my mother and I was going to overcome this experience.  I ripped that dress off, put my clothes on, walked out of the dressing room, handed over those clothes and walked out with a smile on my face.  Cause I'm OK that I can't wear those clothes and I'm thrilled that I have lumps and bumps because my children are so worth it!  I have to say...and yes it was a miracle, but the bathing suit shopping went just fine.  I guess that's because they separate the "juniors" from the "elders"!  We are officially at the beach and I couldn't be more relaxed and thrilled! We are getting some much needed R&R!! I'll be back soon with a big ole' beach post!  Till then my toes are in the sand and I'm LOVING every minute of it! Hugs-Kyla
PS-  Can't believe I almost forgot to mention....  Last Sunday, our sweet Madi made her public profession of faith and accepted Jesus Christ into her heart!  Greg and I are so proud of her!  Madi has grown so much here lately and she is growing into a beautiful young lady!  We are so happy that she has a tremendous LOVE for JESUS and she teaches us more and more everyday. She'll be baptized in the next couple of weeks!  Have a wonderful memorial day and GOD BLESS those who sacrifice their life for our freedom.


dad and katie baby!

me & my honey and our view for the week!



dad & sandra!

katie and Robbie ( mal's boyfriend's little boy)


fish!!



1 comment: