Monday, March 4, 2013

That little thing called LIFE...

Hmmmm......LIFE.  Can I just say it's hard sometimes!?!?  Yes...I heard all those AMENS!!  This past week was a doozy!  We almost have the house back in order after all the painting and we are slowly but surely getting pictures hung back on the walls, it's a chore!  My dining room looked like a tornado had hit for about 2 weeks.  I have taken ZERO pictures because quite frankly, when have I had time?? I promise to post some pics of the "new" living room soon! It's amazing how much paint by itself makes all the difference in the world.  I can't believe we have lived in our house for almost 10 years with white walls.  Greg and I like color and "funky' things and to think we waited this long to paint is beyond me!  Now, all the bedrooms have color, it was just the downstairs that was lacking our special touch!  We truly are totally blessed b/c the only furniture that we have purchased is our headboard, Will's crib, and recently a new end table and lamp...everything else has been passed down to us. We had bought a few pictures and mirror, here and there, but they were not placed on the walls till now. It finally feels like the way we had 'invisioned" it all along.  Now let me add a little disclosure..once we finally finish the bonus room..all the toys will reside in there and NOT in the living room!  So back to our crazy week, it seemed like Madi had lots of homework, there was dance..oh and dance pictures, and a "pre-recital" meeting, etc..  I took gymnastics growing up, I didn't do the dance thing and all this stuff is new to me.  Let me just say..some of these mama's are SERIOUS about hair and makeup!!  I thought I was going to fall out of my chair when someone mentioned all of their "tools or supplies" in a kaboodle!! Come on you know what I'm talking about ,right?? The tackle box for makeup....  You had one didn't you, that's why you're laughing!!  I'm thinking "oh, my...some mama keep her kaboodle for her daughter...isn't that special!!"  I bet it's monogrammed and all "bedazzled" up!!   I'll have to "update" you after the recital! So back to the whole "life" stuff...without going into detail we just had a bit of a rough week.  Something didn't quite go the way we had planned and many times things don't go the way "I" or "we" think they should.....and that's probably a good thing.  All week, I just keep repeating this bible verse over and over in my head " Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. I couldn't get it out of my head. Everywhere I turned, it just kept coming back.  When I tried to bargain with God, when I tried to get mad, when I cried and pouted, when I laughed...you get the point.  You see, I'm a bit type A and somewhat of a control freak ( yes, I said it) and I just don't like it when things don't go my way...but I'm learning that God has a much better plan and it's a good thing that I don't know every detail.  It makes me rely on HIM more and more. The sooner I learn that HE is in control and I'm not, the better off I'll be.  God was trying to tell me to slow down and listen " be still"...I think I was waiting for him to pull out the duck tape and tie me down!! Just kidding! Seriously,  I learned a hard lesson this week, but it's made me a stronger person and probably a better wife and mama too :-) All the "drama" has had me a bit tired, but you know what God took care of "it". I'm simply going to ask you to pray for our family  (OK you worry warts..everythings A-OK)  Just pray that we would keep our focus on GOD and that we would let him guide us through this thing called...LIFE.  I'll be praying for you too!  Be Still- Kyla

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I know this thing called life can be rough at times (I know) but just remember the ones who matter most in your life are right here behind you cheering you on. You are an amazing woman and I'm beyond proud to call you my sister and best friend. Keep your chin up boo! I love you!

    ~ Mal ~

    ReplyDelete