Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's BRISTOL BABY!!!!

Greg and I got the opportunity to get away with some friends and go to a nascar race last Wed-Sunday. I'm not a hard core race fan, but I do enjoy watching a race from time to time. When Madi was a baby, we went to a race in Charlotte and from watching on TV, I've always wanted to go to Bristol. It's a half-mile track, its fast and most of the time it's "high action"....like last year when Tony Stewart threw his helmet at another driver! Bristol was everything and more that I anticipated...we had a BLAST!! The funny part ( well there were MANY funny parts) is that I have never been camping! I'm not really down with "roughing" it! However, this was my kind of camping....as it involved a hot shower! Our friends have a really nice camper and they are PROS at this!! We ate, laughed, talked, sat around a camp fire, got ate up by mosquitos, caught up on sleep and just had a REALLY GOOD TIME!!! Greg and I had not been anywhere w/o kids in 5 years and it was LONG overdue. We love our kids dearly, but every couple should go away atleast once a year if it's just for a weekend. We came back feeling refreshed, which in turn makes us better parents. I told Greg this was the best sleep I had gotten in years...probably due to the fact that I didn't have a kid or dog in the bed with me!! Being away with friends and my husband brought back memories to our dating years and made me realize just how much I love him and how much fun we have together! We've already been invited back and I'm counting down the days...359!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment